In warm weather, it's pleasant to spend time in the countryside. If you're cooking food outdoors, follow some simple hygiene rules to make sure you stay healthy:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after handling food. Use antibacterial wipes or gel if soap and water are not available.
- Don't leave perishable food out of the cool box or cool bag for more than two hours.
- Don't leave food or prepared meals out in the sun.
- Keep raw meat separate from cooked and prepared food.
- Defrost frozen meat thoroughly before cooking.
- Make sure meat is properly cooked before eating.